Many months ago I ran a game with my son to test Fistful of TOWs 3. The game was of a Soviet T80 tank regiment assault on two companies of West German Leopard 1A4s. My son played the Soviets and I played the West Germans.
The Soviets attempted to flank the Germans from both sides and ended up destroying the German defenders, though at a loss of nearly half the regiment. In retrospect, the center battalion should have held off its attack until North and South battalions commenced their attack. Amazingly, the last stand of the center tank battalion managed to survive its morale check. I put up a slide show of the game.
In addition to this game, I ran another game that I will post about later. I haven't had much time to game, though I painted my LeClercs and YPR-765s.
Richard O'Dwyer and the new internet war - Richard O'Dwyer is being extradited to the US for the non-crime of having a search engine that linked to videos that did and did not infringe on copyrights. The only reason Google, Microsoft & Yahoo aren't being sued is because they employ people in the US and have more money
I posted two of the miniature game rule sets I been working on over the last many years. Both are not complete, but it is better that they are available for comment than that they sit alone and unloved (except by me) on my computer. They are posted on the side bar, but you can also find them here:
I printed the house, cut out reinforcements for the walls using thin styrene sheets, then glued the paper to the styrene sheets using rubber cement. After I put it together, I used styrene square tubes in each corner to reinforce it. See the next picture.
For the roof, I reinforced it using two really thin styrene sheets on either side of the roof, then glued it to the tabs I left from the paper around the walls. I am not satisfied with how the roof went on and need to glue them better in the future.
Looking at one of the houses from the bottom. You can see the thin styrene sheets I used to reinforce the walls and roof. After I put it together, I reinforce it by gluing styrene square tubes to the styrene sheet walls in each corner with Krazy Glue. The tubes were a pain to cut with a scissors, so next time I plan to use an L brace instead.
IanH's paper models are free and fantastic. The only complaint I had was with the model on the left. It looks to me like the sides were swapped and if you built it by cutting out in one piece, then the ivy on one wall wouldn't match the next one around the corner. To get it to look right, I had to cut each wall separately and then glue them together in the order I thought they should be in.
For Christmas, my wife was kind enough to get me a set of C-in-C miniatures, including my first World War 2 miniatures:
10 Soviet T-34D tanks
3 Soviet KV-1 tanks
5 German Panzer 3m tanks
5 German Panzer 4g tanks
3 German Stug IIIg self-propelled gun
4 Dutch Lynx Recon vehicles
4 German Leopard 2A5 (Improved) tanks
As always, the quality and detail of them was astounding. They proved to be quite clean and had little flashing. After cleaning them, I primed them with a gray spray primer. For the Soviet vehicles, I then sprayed them with Tamiya Olive Drab (TS-5). I fear that they are too dark and the fact that it was 43 degrees out today probably didn't help. A bit of dry brushing with a lighter olive drab will hopefully help.
My miniatures seem to be always half done, i.e. primed or with a base coat, but no camoflage or detailing. Unfortunately, my recent activities haven't been helping with that issue. I recently primed/sprayed a base coat on the following miniatures:
I finally got around to spray priming/basecoating a bunch of my 1/285th scale Cold War-era miniatures including:
15 Dutch YPR-765 (GHQ) 5 Dutch YPR-765 TOW (GHQ) 6 NATO M106 SP mortars (GHQ) 2 Soviet 2S6 AA (PFC C-in-C) 18 AMX-30 (PFC C-in-C) 11 Chieftains (GHQ) 10 Warrior IFVs (GHQ) 3 Central European apartment buildings (? resin manufacturer)
The British vehicles had already been painted various non-standard paint schemes, so I simply sprayed them with Tamiya Olive Drab 2. The Chieftains and half the Warriors haven't been touched in about 26 years.
The other NATO vehicles were primed in a light gray, then sprayed with Tamiya NATO Green. The 2S6s were primed as the NATO vehicles, then sprayed with Tamiya Olive Drab 2.
The buildings were simply sprayed black. I am getting tired of monopoly houses as my principal residential structures, so I may concentrate on my backlog of buildings before everything else.
Pictures of various posters from "The Graphic Imperative: An Exhibition of International Posters for Peace, Social Justice and the Environment"
I took these pictures at the exhibition at the Massachusetts College of Art on November 5th, 2005.
The Green-Rainbow Party was excluded from Art Beat 2005. As such we setup a table on the street with chalk and asked Art Beat participants to supply their own art for peace and freedom. This is a large part of the art work or statements that people produced.