I finally finished the Deisho fleet I have been working on for a while. I created a slide show. The fleet consists of:
- 3 Do"Ming"Tao Class Frigates
- 3 Yen'Ming'Tao Class Frigates
- 2 Shi'Dong'Tao Class Destroyers
- 2 Jin'Dong'Tao Class Destroyers
- 2 Ro'Dong'Tao Class Destroyers
- 1 Jimg'Gung'Tao class Heavy Cruiser
- 1 Bao'Gung'Tao Class Heavy Cruiser
- 1 Yao'Jing'Tao Class Strike Carrier
Unfortunately, the mount hole of one of the destroyers proved to be too small, so I will need to redrill that one.
Here are the painting notes:
- after building them, I spray primed them with a gray primer;
- applied a darker gray to them. See this note;
- applied a red mixture to different parts of the ship;
- applied my standard Floquil silver wash to the red parts to give them a different look;
- painted the gun barrels, missile launchers and hanger with Model Master Gun Metal;
- finally painted the inside of the engines in Floquil USSR Underside Blue.
Pictures were taken with the macro feature in direct sunlight, though the picture of the entire fleet might have had the flash on unfortunately.
I have a bunch of other Deisho ships, but those will have to wait their turn in the queue.