- Jail For File-Sharing Not Enough, Labels Want ISP-Level Spying Regime – News from Japan where they are establishing an Internet censorship system and criminalizing sharing
- Richard O’Dwyer and the new internet war – Richard O’Dwyer is being extradited to the US for the non-crime of having a search engine that linked to videos that did and did not infringe on copyrights. The only reason Google, Microsoft & Yahoo aren’t being sued is because they employ people in the US and have more money
- Military contractor claims it can read fingerprints from 6m – “you can’t change your fingerprints, so once they’ve leaked onto the net, you’re hosed for life. So, basically, as soon as this technology is popular, it will be obsolete.”
- PayPal Bans BitTorrent Friendly VPN Provider – Any VPN could be used for downloading, torrents. Just saying.
- A Business Model Failure Is Not A Moral Issue & David Lowery Wants A Pony – In only the way he can, Mike Masnick takes on David Lowery’s rant against Emily White and the free culture movement
- Clive Thompson on 3-D Printing’s Legal Morass – Games Workshop & potentially all US manufacturing companies are trying to prevent the 3-D Printing revolution